Sunday, December 21, 2008

december 21




We have been in the deep freeze around here since last Sunday and I am really done in by it all! Coming from upstate New York, I should be used to this...but we haven't seen snow like this in Portland in years and I just don't like it! I can't drive in it so I've been back to commuting on bus and train...which is fine...except that I have to be up at 3 am to make the train and by the time I get home at 5 or so I am truly tired! I haven't even had any energy to stitch all week. My daughter is supposed to be flying in from Boston on Christmas night and I just hope it clears enough by then so that she can get in safely.
So enough whining! I did finally manage to stitch up my second ornament for Vonna's seasonal challenge last night. Here are the two ornies I stitched for the challenge. The little reindeer is a freebie from Sharon at Daffycat Designs. And the other is a design from Stacy Nash Primitives..."Silent Holy Night".
I also pulled out "Three Things" this afternoon and am going to see how much I can get done on this one before the end of the year.
The other photo is a picture of the little gifts I opened this week from the CCS group Advent exchange.
Hope everyone is staying warm!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice ornaments, Lynda.
    I will pull out my Three Things, too and try to get it finished in 2009 - if there aren't too many other things that cath my eye.
    This advent exchange seems to be a lot of fun.

    I hope that the weather conditions will improve for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, your work!!
    Stoped by to wish a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2009, full of beatiful works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you liked my reindeer, this design has been popular!

    Lovely stitching and sweet Advent gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornaments! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I can totally agree with you about the stressful weather. It has been brutal here in Illinois for a week or more, with more on the way!

    Lovely stitching.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ornaments, Lynda. I look forward to see the progress on Three Things - great design!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!