Thursday, September 23, 2010

sept 23 - short and sweet

I'm trying to get some things taken care of at work before I take off to get my hair colored...a long overdue appointment, I might add. That little skunk streak just keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Anyway, not much stitching has been going on. That seems to be my theme for this whole year and I must admit that I am getting really tired of it. I just don't seem to have the mojo lately. I know it will come back, but in the meantime I feel a bit like a slug!


This little piece is "Blessings" from Heart in Hand. It was stitched on a piece of melon evenweave with the called for threads. We have a bi-monthly block exchange at Stitchers Timeout and this month's theme was pumpkins. I think this is the first block I've stitched for the exchange this whole year. December is "trees" and I already have a design picked out.


And these are the newest scissors I've added to my collection..."Sonia". They are reddish with little flowers and really quite pretty.

I have worked a little bit more on "Acorn Autumn" but I don't have a picture to show.

My hubby will be going away for a conference on Saturday and will be gone a week. Last time he did this I had great plans to stitch all week, and ended up tearing apart my craft room instead. This week, I have to clean out my closet, but then I think I am going to try and finish up a couple of these little projects that have been hanging around forever! My LNS is having it's annual "open house" in a few weeks and they will have lots of the new market pieces. I am really ambivalent about going this year though. There are many designs that I really would love to stitch, but I also know that I won't have the time to stitch them in the near future. Maybe I should just make a list....Besides I just got an email that an order I placed over Labor Day is being shipped today...I am ashamed to say that I don't even remember what I ordered (but I know they were all things I really wanted!) I think there is a pattern here but I refuse to admit to it!

Anyway, I hope to have some more progress to show soon! Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. I love this square, it's so simple and cute! Awesome!
    Jodie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish. I hope you get lots of stitching done over the next week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe these smaller designs are what you need to get your mojo back, I always find that making a list of stuff I want never works as I end up finding other things i want but not the stuff on my list! Enjoy your new suprise stash when it arrives!! I like your pumpkin design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stitching...hope you find your mojo next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute scissors! Your mojo will come back - don't beat yourself up over it.

    It's easy to acquire more than what we'll use. I think it's different for each of us as to what is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pumpkin stitching and the Scissor are so great !! Hope you can get back to stitching this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pumpkin stitch and I like the new scissors

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely finish Lynda. Love your new scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching Lynda! I just love that piece. Love those scissors! Hope your hubby has a safe trip. Good luck to you with your closets. Every single closet in my house needs to be done. I just really really dislike cleaning them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really darling pumpkin finish! I just love Heart In Hand's simple designs...they are just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!