Wednesday, February 9, 2011

february 9 - oops!!!

I guess this will teach me not to try and upload photos before I've had my first cup of caffeine! I meant to just save these photos and post later, but oh well! Thanks to everyone who saw and made comments!

I just wanted to post a couple of updates...this first project is H is for Hearts from Sam Sarah. We had a "Heart SAL" with the Stitcher's Timeout group last weekend, and this is the piece I stitched. I used the called for fabric (for a change!) and I really like the way it turned out. I think I will probably finish this one as a small pillow...probably not in time for this Valentine's Day, but I'm collecting for next year!


I've also made a little bit of progress on Apple Tree Sampler. This is the piece that I am stitching along with Babs. I'm sure she is farther along than I am!


And finally, this is my progress on Three Things Sampler. I can finally see the finish in sight and am really excited! I have been stitching this piece on and off since 2005 (!) and every time I sit down with it I don't know why I ever put it down in the first place. I love the colors and really enjoy the stitching too. (sorry for the poor photo)


Tonight , I'm planning on stitching some more on Ellen Birdseye, so I should have another update soon.

Thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching.

    Who is the designer of the sampler? It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All gorgeous but that samplar in the middle is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching! They're all such pretty designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful WIPs, especially the middle sampler!

    Happy Stitchin'
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work - Love the colors !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, your Three Things sampler is just too beautiful!! Isn't it funny that we stitch on a piece and lay it aside and when we discover it again we ask why we put it down in the first place?

    Great progress on the Apple Tree Sampler. I just picked up mine from the framer today. It was a great piece to work on! And I love your Heart SAL. Just love those reds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pieces. The samplers are gorgeous and the hearts just adorable. Guess I will have to get myself a few more patterns...Keep eyeing that Three Things Sampler. MMMMMMM!

    Peggy H.
    www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three great pieces. Your little Valentine piece is so cute, and your Three Things Sampler is just beautiful. I love the colors on the Apple Tree piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynda,
    All those a re beautiful. I especially like Three Things Sampler. I cant wait to see more :) Enjoy your evening

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is magnificent, great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute finishes...love the hearts!

    Your sampler is so pretty.... good luck with finishing it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic work - love Three Things - and you are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love that three things sampler - well done ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitching is just beautiful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the pieces you are stitching, we have such similar taste.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, such beautiful stitching today, Lynda! I LOVE the heart finish...it will make the cutest pillow ever! That fabric is really fun too. I'm so impressed with your Three Things Sampler. I'm thinking I'd have given up by now but you are still working on it! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post with great pictures, Lynda. I love that little heart finish very much and it gives me an idea how I can use the piece of that fabric that I have.
    I love your new SAL piece. And wow, you will finish Three Things very very soon. Isn't it a great piece to stitch? And so much fun. Can't wait to see yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty, glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!