Friday, March 1, 2013

a late wipocalypse





Wow...I hadn't realized how long it has been since I have posted. I think these past couple weeks have been a blur. We are really busy at the library planning our budget for the next two years, as well as getting ready for our Community Wide Read programs this month. We chose Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed as our book, and she will be coming for a program this month, as well as us having a few other peripheral programs. And then we are also planning for the Carnegie's 100th birthday celebration this summer, and summer reading. I guess it's no wonder the weeks are flying by!

And I have also missed the official WIPocalypse posting date, but I did get some stitching done this month. I am participating in two ornament SALs...one for Halloween ornaments, and the other is for any kind of ornaments we choose, but I think mine will mostly be for Christmas.

The theme for our Halloween ornaments for February was Black Cats, so i decided to stitch the Black Cat ornament from Blackbird Designs. it is part of the Casting a Spell booklet. I used the called for colors, but substituted black for the cat, since the design called for that dark dark brown like the fence.

The Christmas ornament is a design from Lizzie Kate called Merry.  It is from one of the Tiny Tidings leaflets, but I can't remember which one right now.I love these little ornament designs. They are quick to stitch but also fun.


I've also been trying to finish up things already started, and the first one I finished was Coverlet Birds from The Scarlett House. The fabric is actually more of a pale bluish green color, and I changed the threads as well. I love this design, and I'm not sure how I will finish it yet, but I am glad it is stitched!


The second design is from Patty C.and is called Let's Stitch.  It is the pattern that was chosen for 2013 SAL blog that I am a part of. We are stitching designs from different designers, one every two months. I changed all the colors in this one, using mostly different shades of purple, and it is on a hand dyed purple fabric. Again, I am not sure how I will finish this one, but I love how it turned out.


It's hard to believe it is March already...we are supposed to have mild temperatures for the next week...I hope so! My daughter will be visiting from Boston this week, so I am really looking forward to that.

Thanks to everyone who stops by to visit,and thanks also for your comments!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend planned.


8 comments:

  1. the pieces you have completed are so nice. I read WILD in two days. Tell cheryl i loved the book if you can. It made me think about the trail for a long time. I still do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow four great finishes, congrats. I really like them all and the colors you picked out. CJ in OK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes! I really like how you switched up the colors on Patty's piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing your finishes, they are all so pretty. I am going to check out your chosen book. I devour audio books and as always looking out for recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’ve been very busy Lynda.
    I’ve noticed that most stitchers have more than one project on the go together but I’m more of a one thing at a time girl myself. I love all your finishes, especially the ‘Stitch’ panel, it’s in my favourite colours.
    Happy Stitching!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful stitching, everything looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nine what? As in, "A stitch in time saves nine."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!