Wednesday, January 8, 2014

over the hump day

 

 

The rains have come, but the temperatures aren't too bad. I don't miss the snow we used to live with back in New York. If I want to play in the snow, Mt. Hood is an hour away. And we don't ever have to shovel snow!

Our grandson was with us for much of the weekend, so I didn't get too much stitching done, but I did manage a little bit. We are continuing to do block exchanges in the Stitchers' Timeout yahoo group, and January's theme is snowmen. This is called Having a Merry Time and is from Val's Stuff. It is stitched on a bone colored evenweave with DMC threads. The whole time I was stitching it, I felt like I had stitched it before. It just looked so familiar, but I only bought the pattern a couple of months ago! I think he is kind of cute!



Last year, I joined in with all the stitchers who were stitching Scarlet Letter designs, but I ended up losing my stitching mojo for much of the year and didn't get very far. I started the Abigail Gould Sampler January or February and this is how much I got done that first day



I've decided to stitch samplers on Sundays, so I picked this back up on Sunday night. Here is my progress so far. I have no idea what the fabric is, but  it is stitched with DMC



I'm also working on finishing up a round robin that we stitched 2012/2013 with Friendly Stitchers.
I'll post a photo of the finished piece, hopefully by the weekend.

So, until next time, I hope that everyone who is in the really cold parts of the country get some relief soon. Thanks so much for visiting!

 

12 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Val's snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowman looks great, and well done on starting on your UFO again,
    I want to finish a couple of mine this year, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little snowman with his big black hat. Nice design.
    Great that you pulled out Abigail again. I also stitched her last year for Nicola's SAL. I loved her because of the nice colours in the sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy looking snowman. Nice progress on your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Snowman is so cute and so adorable....I am so glad to see you back to stitching again. That is great. I love all of your WIP's...I love samplers myself as well. I have one to do but I haven't started it yet.

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweet snowman is cute as a button!
    And your sampler is looking fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snowman!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great snowman. The sampler is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. สล็อต 1688

    เพียงไม่กี่ขั้นตอน ก็สามารถเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ได้ โดยยอดเครดิตใน User ของผู้เดิมพันเสมือนเหรียญที่หยอดในตู้สล็อต

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!