Wednesday, January 21, 2015

More Challenge Pieces



It is still dark outside, but it isn't raining, so maybe we'll see some sunshine today!
I'm not sure why so much of yesterday's post was highlighted with a white background...I must have hit something on the laptop...anyway, I apologize in advance if it happens again!

  • Jan 6 - Secret Egg Hunt from The Trilogy: I've had this little kit for a long time and every year I say I will stitch it, but never get to it. Maybe this year it will finally be finished! It is stitched with Gentle Art and Week threads on a small piece of linen fabric that came with the pattern.
 
  • Jan 7 - Today I worked just a tiny bit on a WIP - Morning Star from Blackbird Designs.
 
  • Jan 8 - French Lace from Debbie Draper Designs: This is another piece that has been in my stash for ages. It came with the Carrie's Creations threads. I love the blue color.
  • Jan 9 - Patriotic Heart Quaker Style from Aury TM: I can't show a photo of this one yet, because it was stitched for an exchange which I just mailed out yesterday. But I can say that I stitched it in a more Valentine-y palette. I plan to stitch it for myself again later in the patriotic colors.
  • Jan 10 - Birds Sampler from Brenda Keyes: This is being stitched as part of a SAL with the Brenda Keyes Facebook group. I found the pattern in a book called Traditional Samplers. I am hoping to stitch several samplers this year, so this is my (very) small start. We'll see how it goes!

Thanks for taking the time to visit today!

12 comments:

  1. Your stitcing year is starting with some great patterns. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on that Brenda Keyes piece, I just love her designs and want to start one of them this year myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful starts. Thanks for sharing.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. love watching your stitching come to life. I hope you have a wonderful day of stitching today. Take care,Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've started some beautiful pieces. Looking forward to watching your progress throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great starts. I wonder if that sampler from Brenda Keyes is the same one I stitched as a birth sampler. I have the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will tame that sampler in no time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!