Tuesday, February 24, 2015

some finishes to share



This past month, I was able to finish the rest of the year's blocks for our Stitchers' Timeout Block Exchange. Sorry for the shadows on the pictures!

The designer for our March block is Little House Needleworks. I stitched Blossoms and Blackbirds on an evenweave fabric with DMC threads.


May's designer is Blackbird Designs. I chose to stitch a block from the Cast a Spell leaflet, the Basket block. It is stitched on an evenweave fabric with a silk thread from Carrie's Creations, Cajun Coffee. It's a really pretty color with slight variations, and the silk is a pleasure to stitch with.


The designer for our September block is Prairie Schooler and I chose to stitch the Angel from the Christmas Past leaflet. This is stitched on fiddlers cloth with DMC thread.


For the November block, we are to choose any ornament from any of the Just Cross Stitch ornament issues. I chose this design from The Sampler Girl...Glad Tidings to You...from the 2011 issue. It is stitched  on evenweave fabric with DMC.


These were all items I had in my stash. My other finish for the month was a design from Lizzie Kate...Life Is Not Measured. This was gifted to me by my Secret Santa this past Christmas, so I didn't have it long enough to count as stash, but I did use fabric and threads that I already had. I substituted a couple of the colors that I was missing. It is stitched on a Lugana from Picture this Plus with Gentle Arts, Weeks and Crescent Colors threads. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.
Not sure how I will finish it yet...any suggestions?


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and thank you for all your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. So lovely, all your finished stitching for the block exchange. And what a coincidence, I have just finished a Sampler Girl design that uses the same little rabbit with the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous pieces you have stitched! Well done!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching , love all the designs .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all of the fantastic finishes Lynda. They look great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!