Sunday, January 24, 2016

gifted gorgeousness...a little ( or a lot!) late

Last year, I signed up to participate in Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness SAL. But, like so many other things last year, I didn't keep up very well. So I decided to sign up again this year. I know...I'm already late for my first post, but hopefully that will get better! Since the regular posting date is the 15th of the month, I will post my progress as of then.

The first piece is the same one I was working on last year...Quaker Seasons - Autumn from By Gone Stitches. The pattern was a Secret Santa gift from Gillie in 2014. This is was my progress then, but I have stitched more on it, so next month I will hopefully have a finish!


This second piece is from Blackbird Designs. I belong to a Blackbird Designs Fans Facebook group, and since so many of their designs have gone out of print and go for huge sums on Ebay, etc, a lending library of sorts has been started. This is a design I was fortunate enough to be able to borrow
(so that's a gift, right? even though it will be returned and re-gifted!) It is called Moon Garden.


So, that is it for January! Now let's see if my addled brain will get this post to the proper place!

Hope everyone is  having a great stitchy month!

lynda

12 comments:

  1. Two very pretty works in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first GG check in for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, you have made good progress on both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress. I love moon garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects you are working on. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty patterns and lovely stitching.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry, my GG post has been posted only this morning.
    Great progress on both your pieces. I love the idea with the lending library for OOP charts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking part in GG this January! For some reason I didn't visit all the blogs when they linked in. So I'm catching up now!
    Love the Quaker design so much, the colours are lovely.
    The Blackbird Designs library is such a good idea too. Much better than the charts just living in a cupboard somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your comments!